Employment Litigation & Policy
The SHB National Employment Litigation & Policy Practice represents a number of Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States. In Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers - A Clients’ Guide, this practice is “lauded for both its class action work and its effective advice to employers on federal compliancy issues.” Distinguished by their cost-effective litigation strategies, SHB attorneys craft innovative solutions that emphasize hard work, practicality, and a commitment to diversity in the workplace. Their successes in both the courtroom and alternative dispute resolution have led The National Law Journal to name SHB to its Defense Hot List for “exemplary, cutting-work on the defense side.”
The SHB National Employment Litigation & Policy Practice blurs the lines between traditional litigation services in providing comprehensive counsel to corporate employers. These attorneys focus on early case evaluation, effective motion practice and favorable summary judgment outcomes, as well as jury trials. With access to the firm’s veteran litigators and extensive technical infrastructure, the SHB employment litigation team draws on a wealth of experience pertaining to class action issues, expert witness development, electronic discovery, case-management technology, and the best practices of convergence programs. In addition, this practice has extensive experience representing clients before the entire spectrum of quasi-judicial tribunals, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, state and local administrative agencies, and in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
The firm's national employment practice attorneys are known for winning jury trials and class action work. Although most cases handled are resolved favorably by summary judgment, SHB lawyers relish opportunities to try cases. The early and careful development of case themes is the foundation of the national employment practice's remarkable litigation success.
Practice Area Contact
William C. Martucci 202-783-8400
Related Practice Areas
National Employment Resources
SHB attorneys have a wealth of experience with national employment issues, as well as specific state matters. Click on one of the buttons below to view articles relevant to these areas of expertise.
National Employment PerspectiveLatest NEP | Newsletter Sign-up
The latest legal, regulatory and legislative developments affecting corporate employers and general counsel.
Attorneys in Employment Litigation & Policy
News & Events
- Martucci to Take Part in MoBar Annual Law Update
- SHB Attorneys Contribute to Global Legal Group’s Employment and Labour Law 2013
- Martucci to Serve as Moderator for ACI CLE Judicial Panel in NYC
- Martucci and Miller to Address Employee Blogging Issues in January 2013 CLE
- Fowler, Martucci & Shelley to Speak During IBA Annual Conference in Dublin
- Martucci & Page Publish Primer on EEOC’s Systemic Initiative in The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel
- Martucci to Share Labor & Employment Podium at ACI International Law Forum in NYC
- Three SHB Partners Honored as “Nation’s Most Powerful Employment Attorneys”
- Martucci Addresses Employment and Labor Law Compliance at ABA/China Council Event in NYC
- Martucci to Lead Discussion on Post-Dukes Class Action Litigation at May 31-June 1 ACI National Wage Hour Forum in New York
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon Names 10 New Partners
- SHB Named Global Product Liability Law Firm of the Year
- Chambers USA 2010 Recognizes SHB